The Commercial Contest
What is a parody? A parody is an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.
Your task is to create a “G” rated, memorable and catchy Lerner and Rowe® Injury Attorneys parody commercial. The theme of your comical creation should be about a type of personal injury accident – car accident, pedestrian accident, motorcycle wreck, large truck collision – you get the picture. Just make it brief and make it memorable.
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN:
- You must upload your video to YouTube
- Completely and correctly fill out the Parody Commercial Contest Submission Form located on the right-side of this page
- Submit link to your video on YouTube
- Share and promote your video to friends and family
The winning video will be judged on originality, effective messaging, and adherence to rules and requirements.
Don’t make a wreck, you could win a check!
Contestants are invited to come up with their own version of a tastefully, creative, and original “Lerner and Rowe” style TV commercial. The top three entrants who make Kevin Rowe and Glen Lerner laugh will be awarded a 1st ($2,500), 2nd ($1,500), or 3rd ($1,000) place cash prize, bragging rights, and the chance to have their commercial shown on local TV. No purchase of services is necessary to enter or win. Entering also does not establish any type of client/attorney relationship. Contest ends September 30, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) and is subject to complete Official Rules.
Show Us What You’ve Got!
There are just a few requirements…OF COURSE there has to be a few requirements for your video and to officially enter the contest:
- Make sure to mention or have a portrayal of both attorneys Glen Lerner and Kevin Rowe in the video.
- Include the website address – lernerandrowe.com.
- Video must be exactly 15 seconds or exactly 30 seconds.
- Upload your video to YouTube.com and include “Lerner and Rowe Parody Video 2019 Contest Entry” in title.
- Enter the video contest online and agree to the official rules at lernerandrowe.com.
Other than that, have some fun with it. Video quality doesn’t need to be perfect; you can film it with a high quality production camera or your cell phone. Use action figures, clay animation, drawings, Legos… or any other props that gets the point across, that the attorneys at Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys are the way to go!
A few other things to keep in mind…
Keep it tune-free. Don’t use any background music. That includes a recorded version of the Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys jingle.
Keep it clean. Your video must be tasteful and not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, animal or human cruelty/abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (i.e. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive (offensive language, crude references or images, etc.) threatening, profane, and/or harassing.
Keep it legal. You must be 18 years of age or older, or be able to provide written consent from a parent or legal guardian to feature and publicly display a Video Submission that features a minor under the age of 18 on YouTube. You must also have authorized permission to use any image, likeness, or voice of any third party used in the production of your video. Additionally, you must not violate or infringe on another person’s rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. (Video Submissions must not include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures.)
By entering, each Entrant represents and warrants that his or her entry does not and will not defame or otherwise violate the rights of any third party and does not and will not violate any federal, state, or local laws or ordinances. Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates any of the Video Submission Requirements, does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit and theme of the Contest.
Entrant also waives any and all moral rights in the Video Submission with respect to any use by Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys, partner law firms, or assigns. Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys and its designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to publish and use the entries in any way, and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as they and/or its designees may determine without further consideration to Entrant or any third party.
Lastly, your video must also comply with YouTube terms of service and specifications for user submissions and/or video uploads, located at http://www.youtube.com/t/terms and as may otherwise be posted on the YouTube website. Be sure to read over all the technical legalese below, that us lawyers like to write, before you submit your commercial.
To submit a video:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. The Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys Commercial Parody Video Contest submission period commences on August 22, 2019 and ends at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) PST on September 30, 2019. The contest is sponsored by Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys, 2701 East Camelback Road, #140, Phoenix, Arizona 85016.
- Eligibility: The Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys TV Commercial Video Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of California, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, New Mexico, or Tennessee, who are 18 years of age or older, or of the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, or who has written consent from a parent or legal guardian. Entrants must also be a U.S. citizen at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys (“Sponsor/Administrator”) and its respective parents, subsidiaries and partner companies, distributors, licensees and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law.
- Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on August 22, 2019 and ends at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) PST on September 30, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”).
- How to Enter: (all entrants acknowledge their information will be added to Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys mailing for purposes of the contest only; their information will not be used or sold for other marketing or promotional purposes.) During the Promotion Period, go to the contest page on lernerandrowe.com and locate the official entry form. Follow the on-screen directions to enter (“Online Entry”) and share the link to your YouTube video. Entrants must complete all required information to include full name, current address, phone number, working email address and age. Entrants under 18 years of age at time of entry must have parent or guardians approval to enter contest. If it is discovered that approval was not granted, video will be disqualified. LIMIT ONE (1) ONLINE ENTRY PER PERSON/E-MAIL ADDRESS/DAY. For purposes of this Promotion, a day is defined as a 24-hour period beginning at 12:00 a.m. PST and ending at 12:00 a.m. PST the following day.
- Grand Prize Winner: On, or about, October 7, 2019, Sponsor will announce the winner that was selected by a judging committee comprised of Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys’ employees, partners and agencies, based on originality, effective messaging and adherence to contest rules and requirements. There will be one Grand Prize awarded, one second place prize awarded, and one third place prize awarded.
- Prize & Odds: The $2,500 grand prize, $1,500 second place prize, and $1,000 third place prize will be sent to each of the winners within 4-6 weeks after the Promotion Period ends. Final prize amounts may be changed by the end of the contest, but will not be less than $1,000. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Arrangement for delivery of the prize will be performed after winner validation. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of entries received.
- General Rules: Lerner and Rowe Parody TV Commercial video submission contest.
Summary of submission rules and guidelines:
a. All YouTube submissions must be either exactly 15 seconds or exactly 30 seconds. b. Video content must be clean in topic, language, and presentation. c. No background music. Sound effects and/or your version of the jingle are okay. d. You must also be a U.S. citizen to participate. e. You, the Entrant, will retain copyright of your work, but grant Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, assignable, royalty-free license to publish, reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works, transmit or disseminate the Works in all media or platforms whether now known or hereafter invented. f. You must be 18 or older to participate, or have written consent from a parent or legal guardian. Submission acknowledges ownership release of material. All federal, state and local laws apply. Winners will be notified by email, mail, or telephone. The potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release and an IRS W-9 form within ten (10) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to respond to notices or return any documents in a timely manner, as determined by the Administrator, may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen. By participating, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties from and against any and all liability or damages associated with this Promotion or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize received in this Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or administration of the Promotion. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their agencies to use winner’s names and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of Lerner and Rowe Management, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, non-delivered or postage-due mail; or for printing, distribution or production errors or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion, or by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Promotion. If, in the Administrator’s sole opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Promotion, the Lerner and Rowe Management reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or modify and/or suspend and/or terminate the Promotion and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prizes in a manner deemed appropriate by the Administrator. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, entries will be declared made by the name appearing on the online entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Promotion or Website or acts in a disruptive manner. This Promotion is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of Arizona. By entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Arizona located in Maricopa County for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion.
- Waiver: By participating in this Promotion, participant waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorney’s fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate. Each prize winner waives all rights and indemnify Sponsor against any lost or liability resulting from receiving a prize.
- Winner’s name and video will be posted on Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys’ website lernerandrowe.com.
- Sponsor: Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys, 2701 East Camelback Road, #140, Phoenix, Arizona 85016.
- YouTube is not a sponsor of the Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys video parody contest and any entrants agree to release YouTube from all liability related to the contest.
- Lerner and Rowe Management reserves the right to modify, change, or cancel this promotion at any time, without notice.
- Disputes: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Lerner and Rowe Parody Video Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court of Arizona, or the appropriate Arizona State Court located in Maricopa County, Arizona; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, or statutory damages, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of Arizona, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of Arizona or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of Arizona.