Rental Car Accident Lawyers
Were you hurt in an accident involving a rental car? We have a legal team that can help.
Our rental car accident lawyers understand that these types of collisions can be very distressing, not only because of your injuries, but also due to the many different entities that make rental car injury accident claims more complex than a typical car accident. After all, it isn’t your car that was damaged in the wreck—rather, it was a car owned by another company, and you were driving it.
At Lerner and Rowe our legal team is dedicated to one thing and one thing alone: fighting insurance companies that go out of their way to undervalue your injury claim. So, don’t wait to get the help you need to receive maximum compensation.
Set up a free consultation today by calling 844-977-1900, filling out our FREE online form, and chatting through the LiveChat feature on our website.
Does Purchasing Extra Insurance Coverage Save You From Extra Costs After a Rental Car Accident?
When renting a car, it’s common for the person at the counter to offer you another form of insurance to cover you during your trip. However, this insurance doesn’t protect you from everything and it is most likely not necessary.
Your own car insurance policy should cover you in most cases, and most people have car insurance in 2023. (New Hampshire is the only state that allows you to drive without insurance.)
Still, you will want to make sure that your car insurance policy will cover the cost of the vehicle you’re driving. Also, if you’re traveling for business purposes, you may want to consider purchasing the additional coverage.
Whether you do purchase extra insurance or not, if you get in a rental car collision you will most likely be able to sue for maximum compensation.
How Do Rental Car Accident Lawyers Build an Injury Claim?
To build your injury claim, your rental car attorney will:
- First, determine all parties involved. Due to the nature of rental vehicles, there may be multiple parties at fault- like the mechanic who worked on the car, the other driver involved, the manufacturer of the car, or the rental company itself.
- Then, conduct their own investigation into the cause of the accident, using the police report, witness statements, video footage, photos of property damage, and more.
- Next, your attorney will determine how much compensation you may be entitled to from your rental vehicle accident. That information will be included in a demand letter to the insurance companies, asking for this amount. Your potential to be compensated for damages rises when you work with an experienced car rental attorney.
What Types of Damages Can You Receive After a Rental Car Accident Claim?
After you file a claim following your rental car accident, you may be entitled to receive both economic and non-economic damages.
Examples of economic damages are:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Cost of care, surgeries, therapy and more
Examples of non-economic damages are:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of reputation, and more
The rental car accident lawyers from Lerner and Rowe will be able to look at the details of your accident and determine how much you are owed. Then, they will represent you in negotiations with insurance companies—even if that means they’ll have to take the matter to court.
Find a Law Firm that Fights For You
Lerner and Rowe is one of America’s largest and most recognized law firms with over 400 legal professionals at offices around the country ready to help you 24/7 anywhere in the US. We will fight for the injured and are committed to providing excellent communications- and shouldering the risk because we believe in your case.
This means no upfront monies—no fees until you win your case. To seek financial compensation after your rental vehicle accident, reach out to us through LiveChat, this FREE online form, or simply call 844-977-1900 today!