Put Our Compassionate Legal Team to Work for You
After a personal injury in Schaumburg, you may not realize who can be held liable for your injuries and other damages. Our team of Schaumburg personal injury lawyers works hard to clear up any confusion about the personal injury claims process during your free consultation and evaluation.
Why Work with Skilled Schaumburg Injury Attorneys
When seeking compensation for accident injuries in Schaumburg, it is advisable to enlist the services of a proficient attorney who specializes solely in personal injury and wrongful death law. This ensures that your attorney possesses a deep understanding of Illinois injury laws and has the necessary knowledge and resources to construct an ironclad case.
For instance, Lerner and Rowe’s legal team exclusively focuses on personal injury and wrongful death cases. Just call 708-222-2222 to be connected to a dedicated Illinois that serves injury victims in Schaumburg today.
Cases our Personal Injury Lawyers Handle at Lerner and Rowe
There isn’t just one branch of personal injury law that we specialize in. Rather, we handle many different facets of this area of law. Some injury case types we handle include:
- Bus accidents
- Defective products
- Bike accidents
- Dangerous products
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Passenger accidents
- Dog bites
Each of these accident types can contribute to significant mental and physical harm. Financial compensation will assist the victim in covering medical bills and any lost wages experienced during their recovery time.
Common Causes of Schaumburg, IL Accidents
Due to our extensive experience in managing diverse personal injury accident cases, we have gained familiarity with a multitude of factors leading to injuries. Here are a few scenarios illustrating the causes of personal injury accidents:
- A business owner may fail to mop up a spill or put out a caution sign. This can lead to a slip and fall which could cause concussions, whiplash, and other injuries.
- A trucking company may put unrealistic pressure on their drivers. This can lead to drowsy driving and a wreck with a smaller vehicle. The resulting injuries can be life-altering due to the size of the truck and the speed at which the large truck was traveling.
- A car attempts to pass another, sideswiping it. The car that was struck loses control and slams into a wall. This can lead to injuries for the driver, passenger, and any other vehicles or individuals along the car’s path.
- The city may fail to fix a “wrong way” sign, or leave a buckled patch of concrete so long that it throws a vehicle off its path. Without proper signage, head-on collisions can happen.
Figuring out who caused your accident and who owed you a duty of care is the most important step in building your accident injury case. This is why our legal team takes time to carefully evaluate accident causes and reviewing documentation to bolster your Schaumburg, IL personal injury claim.
How Long Do I Have to File My Claim with My Schaumburg, IL Personal Injury Lawyers?
There is a time limit to how long you have to file a personal injury claim in Schaumburg, called the statute of limitations. Laws differ in many states, but in Illinois, the statute of limitations gives you two or more years from the date of your accident to file.
A competent Illinois personal injury lawyer can give you an accurate timeframe to file a claim based on the location and jurisdiction of your accident, as well as the severity of injuries suffered.
Protecting Your Rights After a Schaumburg Injury Accident
While it’s best to rely on a personal injury attorney to fight for your rights and recover just financial compensation, there are some things you can do to protect your rights after a Schaumburg injury. For example:
- Take pictures of the accident scene. The photo evidence may help prove that the hazardous conditions were under someone else’s control.
- Call 911 and get authorities on the scene. They will officially document what went on and collect witness statements.
- Follow the advice of all medical personnel. If you decline their treatment, an insurance company may use this as grounds to say your injuries were less than they truly are.
- Keep a log of your symptoms, especially if new ones emerge in the days after your accident. Sometimes, it takes days for injuries to show themselves due to the adrenaline that pumps through your body after an accident.
- Follow all of your doctor’s orders. Again, if you do not, the responsible party may use this as evidence that you were not as hurt as you claim.
Finally, call upon the help of a knowledgeable attorney to protect your rights throughout the personal injury case. We will fight to get you the most amount of financial compensation owed to you.
Contact an Experienced Schaumburg Injury Lawyer Today
At Lerner and Rowe, we offer 24/7 communication to all our Schaumburg clients. So, use our LiveChat feature, fill out this FREE online form, or call 708-222-2222 to set up a free case evaluation. We charge no fees until we win your case, so reach out today!