The Champaign personal injury lawyers at Lerner and Rowe have helped victims of all kinds of accidents. Many of these victims suffered from numerous injuries that left them bed-ridden and unable to work for some time. Other victims had injuries that were less severe, but still affected them and their families for months or even years of their life.
Financial compensation can help cover the resulting medical bills, lost wages, and more from an accident. But, you will need an attorney to prove that another party was responsible for your accident first. Then, this attorney must negotiate with the liable party’s insurance company in an attempt to maximize your fair amount of compensation.
Work with Our Champaign Personal Injury Lawyers to Receive Maximum Compensation
There are numerous steps we may take to help ensure you receive the maximum amount of financial compensation owed to you. Here are just a few:
- Investigation: Help you gather evidence such as accident reports, witness statements, photographs, and medical records to establish the circumstances and cause of your injury.
- Medical Documentation: Obtaining comprehensive medical records and expert opinions to link the injuries directly to the incident and demonstrate their impact on your life.
- Establishing Liability: Demonstrating that the defendant’s negligence or wrongful actions directly led to your injury, often using evidence like surveillance footage or expert reconstruction.
- Causation: Establishing a clear connection between the defendant’s actions and the injuries you suffered, ruling out other potential causes.
- Damages: Calculating and documenting the various damages incurred, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more.
- Witness Testimony: Gathering testimony from witnesses who can corroborate the events leading to your injury or attest to your suffering.
- Documentation: Organizing all evidence, documentation, and records in a clear and compelling manner to build a strong and coherent injury case.
- Negotiation: Engaging in settlement negotiations with the opposing party or insurance companies to reach a fair compensation agreement.
Each of these steps should ideally be handled by a skilled attorney well-versed in Illinois law; without such experience, there’s a risk of missing out on crucial funds amounting to thousands of dollars.
Types of Accident & Personal Injury Cases We Handle at Lerner and Rowe
Our Champaign, IL lawyers handle the following types of injury-related accident cases:
If you were injured in any of these accidents, reach out to us today to set up a free case evaluation and consultation.
Common Champaign Injuries We Represent
In Champaign, it’s common to work with clients who are experiencing the following injuries from an accident:
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Torn ligaments
- Puncture wounds
- Head trauma
- Skull fractures
- Vision loss
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Loss of limbs
The symptoms caused by these injuries can lead to a lifetime of necessary medical care. You’ll need pain management, physical therapy, reconstructive surgeries, and more. Some victims never fully recover, and some are unable to return to work ever again.
Whether or not you’re able to return to work, you can still benefit from financial compensation. This money will help cover your medical bills and lost wages. It will also compensate you for your pain and suffering, loss of companionship, mental anguish, and more.
What Is the Illinois Statute of Limitations?
The timeframe for filing an accident claim in accordance with the Illinois statute of limitations (735 ILCS 5/13-202) Sec. 13-202) can range from one to two years, depending on factors such as the cause, type, and location of the accident.
Why Hire the Champaign Personal Injury Attorneys at Lerner and Rowe
At Lerner and Rowe, we believe strongly in each of our client’s injury cases. So, we shoulder all the risk and ask for no monies upfront. That’s right, you receive a free consultation and no charges until we win your financial compensation.
Contact Our Champaign, Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one were injured in a personal injury accident in Champaign, IL, call Lerner and Rowe. Our number is 708-222-2222. You can also fill out a FREE online form and text via LiveChat. Whatever you’re most comfortable with, a representative will work with you to schedule our initial free case evaluation.
Then, we will stand up for your case against the aggressive insurance companies who go out of their way to undervalue your claim. Don’t wait for quality legal representation- reach out today.