Arizona’s open roads and stunning scenery make the state a dream location for motorcycle travel. As the number of registered vehicles increases, so too does the total of motorcycle accidents and subsequent deaths and fatalities.
While you may faithfully observe safe riding practices, you may still find yourself involved in an accident at some point. Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident in Phoenix? Follow these easy steps to help protect yourself and minimize confusion after a motorcycle wreck. Afterward, get award-winning legal help on your side with Lerner and Rowe®.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Phoenix
- Move to a safe area. If you’re in a lane of traffic, more vehicles may become involved. The exception is when you or others are too severely injured and movement would risk greater damage.
- Call 911. Even a seemingly minor “fender-bender” should be reported to police so you are protected with an objective record of the incident.
- Stay focused and calm. Emotions run high after any type of accident, but even if you feel another party is at fault, road rage only makes the situation worse. Don’t let anyone else bait you into a confrontation.
- Document the scene with photographs. Thanks to cell phones, a camera is almost always readily accessible. Capture as much information as possible about your motorcycle and any other vehicles involved as well as the immediate surroundings, including details such as street signs and road conditions.
- Get complete and accurate contact information from any witnesses.
- Don’t refuse medical attention. You may feel fine, but motorcycle riders are vulnerable to internal injuries that aren’t readily apparent. Let a professional make the call on your physical condition.
- Don’t discuss the accident with anyone but the police. Limit contact with other parties to an exchange of contact and insurance information. Even a seemingly sympathetic “I’m sorry” can later appear as an admission of guilt.
- Contact a personal injury law firm, then your insurance company. There is generally a time limit for reporting accidents. Contact a personal injury law firm as soon as possible after a car wreck. They will help ensure that you get the most compensation possible from your insurance company.
Get Quality Legal Help from a Phoenix Personal Injury Attorney
Our knowledgeable legal team at Lerner & Rowe has extensive experience getting compensation for victims of motorcycle accidents in Phoenix. Hurt in a motorcycle wreck? Just call 844-977-1900 and chat with a live representative now or submit an online case evaluation form. Contact us today for help in protecting your rights.
The information on this blog is for general information purposes only. Nothing herein should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.