Accutane (generic name: Isotretinoin) treats severe cases of nodular acne and has also been used to treat other skin conditions and some types of cancer. If taken by women who are pregnant or who may become pregnant, this drug has been linked to birth defects, early birth rates, loss of pregnancy, or death after giving birth. Other less severe side effects include tiredness, cold symptoms, cracked/sore lips, abnormal hair growth or loss, sweating, changes in skin/nails/voice, nosebleeds, and gum conditions. Anyone experiencing these symptoms is encouraged to seek the counsel of an Accutane lawyer to discuss filing a dangerous drug lawsuit.
Severe Accutane Symptoms
You should immediately contact your physician or seek medical attention if you or a loved has taken Accutane and have of any of the following symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Abnormal headaches/difficulty concentrating
- Sudden difficulties with speech
- Muscle weakness
- Bone, muscle, or joint pain
- Yellowing of skin or eyes
- Chest pain/new or severe heartburn
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Abnormal bruising/red spots on legs
- Dark urine
- Numbness or weakness on one side of body
- Severe, sudden, or continuous nausea/vomiting (may be bloody)
- Severe, sudden, or continuous diarrhea/rectal bleeding
- Swelling of legs, hands, feet, eyes, throat, tongue, lips, or ankles
As with any prescribed drug, users of Accutane should consult their physician before discontinuing use of the drug.
Importance of an Accutane Attorney?
Injured as a result of using Accutane? An experienced attorney can make all the difference. Our team of Accutane injury lawyers will fight to get you the compensation you deserve to cover pro-longed medical care, pain, loss of income, and also wrongful death of a family member. So, don’t wait. We look forward to hearing from you and answering your questions.