After a car wreck in Yuma, drivers, passengers, or even pedestrians may suffer injuries and other damages resulting in the need for extensive medical care, lost time from work, and the inability to maintain a previous way of life. If someone has been injured from a wreck, it’s important to call for immediate emergency assistance and seek prompt medical care to properly evaluate and treat injuries. It’s also important to collect contact information of any witnesses and take photos of damaged vehicles and injuries if possible. Another item that you may not think to collect is a copy of a Yuma traffic accident report.
Our car accident attorneys put together the following helpful details to further explain why you should obtain a traffic accident report, how to get a free copy, and when to contact a Yuma car accident attorney for help.
Why Is a Traffic Accident Report a Valuable Document?
A traffic accident report is a valuable document used by Yuma car accident attorneys when first evaluating a case and later as evidence for building a case. More specifically, a Yuma traffic accident report will provide key details about the crash to help paint a clear picture of when and where the accident occurred, who was involved, who was at fault, any injuries, the amount of property damage, a basic sketch of the accident scene, and other contributing factors leading up to the accident.
The report will also include the name, agency, and identification number of the reporting officer investigating the accident. All of this information can be used as evidence should your claim end up in court before a judge and jury. Depending on the severity of the traffic accident, the law enforcement officer on-hand may have photos that can also be obtained for use as evidence in addition to their first-hand testimony. This often occurs if the accident resulted in over $2,000 in property damage, catastrophic bodily injury, or death.
Five Ways to Get a Copy of My Yuma Traffic Accident Report
- Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys. Our dedicated personal injury legal team will help you obtain a free Arizona traffic accident report and go over all your options and questions, with no obligation to hire us. Just fill out and submit the traffic accident report request form on our website to start the process.
- Yuma Police Department. You can obtain an accident report from the Yuma Police Department Records Bureau online by filling out the “Request Form” found on their website. Requests are completed in the order received. Cost is free for an emailed copy, $5.00 for a compact disk copy, and $0.25 per page if you require a paper copy. Per their website, “Specific requests will require prior approval by the investigating officer. If your request requires this approval and you have chosen to receive your copy on CD or Paper, you will be notified when your requested information is ready.” Contact the Records Bureau at (928) 373-4700 or email [email protected] with any questions.
- Yuma County Sheriff’s Office. The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office Records Department is currently fulfilling accident report requests via U.S. Postal Mail per their COVID-19 prevention protocols. You can download a request form on their website in English or Spanish. After you complete and sign the Yuma traffic accident report form, mail it to Yuma County Sheriff’s Office, ATTN: Records Department, 141 S. Third Avenue, Yuma, AZ 85364. Cost is $3.00 per traffic report plus $1.50 for postage. Contact the Yuma County Sheriff’s Office records department with questions by calling (928) 329-2254 or via email at [email protected]
- Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS). If your car accident happened on an Interstate or State Highway and was investigated by State Troopers or other DPS employees, you can access a copy of your collision report for a small fee through the Department Records Unit. You will need to create an account to request records.
Additionally, there will be a waiting period as the Department Records Unit may take up to 14 days to receive accident reports following a collision. If a trooper took any photos at the crash site, you may be able to request copies of these photographs, too. Another option to obtain a Yuma collision report from the Arizona DPS is to fill out this form, print it out, and then send it by mail. Call (602) 223-2230 or email [email protected] with any questions.
- Online Traffic Report Vendors. After a Yuma car accident, you can check with an online vendor, such as BuyCrash or CrashDocs, to see if the accident reporting law enforcement agency in Arizona is part of their reporting network as long as your car accident did not involve a catastrophic injury or death. These vendors do usually charge a small feel to obtain a copy of your traffic accident report.
“Lerner and Rowe was very good with me. They helped me understand the process and were very patient with me. Thank you Karin, Pilar in Yuma and Jeremy and Jessica. You guys were great.”
Why Should I Contact a Yuma, AZ Car Accident Lawyer After a Wreck?
One of the main reasons you should contact a Yuma personal injury lawyer after a car wreck is to help ensure an insurance company does not try to rush the claims process and take advantage of you.
Another is to gain peace of mind knowing that someone is there to intercede on your behalf to protect your best interests throughout a potentially frustrating, time-consuming, and confusing Arizona injury claim process. We understand that in the heat of the moment things can be said that cannot later be taken back, which can negatively impact your rights to just compensation. We want to minimize that from happening to you.
A third reason to contact an experienced attorney that specializes in car accidents is that they will know time limits for filing a claim and how to properly document your pain and suffering by reviewing medical records showing the extent of injuries, collecting witness testimonies, and establishing precedents from a similar case previously won.
Just know that providing you with the highest level of customer service is our top priority. Meaning that we won’t rush through the case filing process, are prepared to answer your questions and keep you updated along the way, and will fight to get you the best possible compensation to meet your individual circumstances to cover medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
How Can I Schedule a FREE Consultation with a Car Accident Lawyer in Yuma?
At Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys, you can request a no-cost traffic accident report and schedule a free legal consultation with our legal team 24/7. Not only that, you also won’t pay a penny for our legal services unless we win your case!
Contact us now by phone at 928-344-6200, via LiveChat, or by sending us your case details for review by filling out an online form. Compassionate legal representation from an award-winning law firm is just one call or click away when you need it most!