11 Tips for Safer Fireworks Use in Arizona
Many firework related burns, fires and other injuries can be avoided if you follow these basic firework safety tips:
- Observe local laws and only use State-Approved fireworks. If you are unsure of what they are, contact your nearest fire department or police station.
- Report any illegal firework use or sale to your local police or fire department.
- Never point or throw fireworks at another person.
- Do not let children use fireworks without adult supervision.
- Only use fireworks outdoors and away from homes and dry vegetation.
- Only light one firework at a time.
- Stay a safe distance from lit fireworks.
- Have a full bucket of water nearby to toss used fireworks.
- Have a water hose ready to use as an added safety precaution.
- Seek medical attention immediately if someone is severely burned by a firework.
- Call 911 if any fireworks start a major fire or a life-threatening accident occurred.
It is also important for parents to know that they may be held liable for any damages or injuries that result from a child’s misuse of a firework. Make sure to share with your child(ren) the possible dangers associated with fireworks and how to use / enjoy them safely.
Arizona Firework Accident Injury Attorneys
Our attorneys are experienced at representing clients who have suffered burn and fire injuries in the State of Arizona. One call, that’s all it takes to get the help you deserve. Contact Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys today!