Big Rig & Large Truck Accidents Cause Big Injuries
Monstrous sizes mean that truck accidents tend to be exceedingly violent. Commercial trucks are enormous, heavy and difficult to control, especially in windy conditions. As a result, the injury and fatality rates of those involved in such accidents are much greater than regular accidents involving the typical automobiles.
18-wheelers, semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and big rigs of other varieties pose disproportionately high risks to drivers. One need not look any further than the bevy of standards and regulations that govern truck driver hiring practices, truck loading procedures and truck driving to find evidence of the exorbitant risks these behemoths pose. Yet truck accidents still occur even with such regulations in place.
The Many Causes of Nashville Truck Accidents
Nashville has particularly heavy traffic thanks to our vibrant economy and lovely weather. The downside to our area’s beautiful weather and burgeoning business scene is heightened traffic. Nashville’s roads and highways certainly have their fair share of massive trucks. The unfortunate truth is that truck drivers make some mistakes on the road. Whether it is driving while fatigued, distracted driving, improper truck maintenance or driving while overloaded, all sorts of different factors can lead to an accident that spurs injured parties to contact our Nashville truck accidents attorneys.
The most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Narrow windows for deliveries and/or working long hours can exhaust a truck driver to the point that his quality of driving deteriorates and causes a nasty accident.
- The truck’s brakes, tires and other parts deteriorating to the point that they make it difficult for the driver to control his truck.
- An overloaded cargo bed making it difficult to control the truck, even if surrounding drivers obey the rules of the road.
- Speeding. Trucks traveling at a high rate of speed are unable to slow down, stop or maneuver in another manner to avoid an accident.
- Failing to check blind spots in advance of changing lanes, turning or manuevering on the road.
Contact Our Nashville Truck Accidents Attorneys Today
If you, a loved one, a friend, or other acquaintance are injured in a truck accident, the first step is to obtain medical attention. Once the injuries have been tended to, reach out to our Nashville truck accidents attorneys at Lerner & Rowe for legal assistance. Our Nashville truck accidents attorneys will review the idiosyncrasies of your truck accident case, take legal action against the truck driver or the trucking company and stop at nothing to obtain the compensation you deserve. We gather all forms of evidence, including:
- Footage from the on-board truck camera
- Witness statements,
- Accident reports and so much more.
Contact us today at 615-333-8888 to schedule a free consultation; so we can review the nuances of your Nashville truck accident.