Nashville Pedestrian Injury Lawyers
When people think of car accidents, they often think of automobile-on-automobile collisions. Pedestrians are often forgotten, despite being the most vulnerable. Unlike car or truck drivers, pedestrians aren’t surrounded by sturdy metal frames, secured by safety belts, or protected by airbags. Unlike motorcyclists, pedestrians are not protected with helmets.
If someone walking is struck by a vehicle, the results can be catastrophic. Should you or your family be involved in an accident while walking, the Nashville pedestrian injury lawyers at Lerner and Rowe can help you.
Pedestrian Safety Facts and Figures
There are many misconceptions about the number of pedestrian fatalities and when they occur. Here are some of the latest figures from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- 5,977 pedestrians died in traffic crashes in 2017
- Most weekday pedestrian deaths occur between 4:00 p.m. and midnight
- Most weekend pedestrian deaths occur between 8:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m.
- Only 25 percent of pedestrian fatalities occur during daylight hours
- 70 percent of pedestrian fatalities are male
- 62 percent of pedestrian fatality victims are between the ages of 21 to 64
- Pedestrian deaths account for 16 percent or traffic fatalities
- 73 percent of pedestrian fatalities occur in urban areas
- 37 percent of pedestrians killed has a blood-alcohol level over 0.08 percent
- Alcohol consumption by the driver, pedestrian, or both was involved in 48 percent of all fatal pedestrian crashes
- 90 percent of pedestrians killed died in single-vehicle traffic crashes
- Nearby Knoxville, TN has the fifth-highest pedestrian fatality rate
Many people are unaware of how common accidents between pedestrians and automobiles are. As you can see from the figures above, they can result in grave injuries. If you or a loved one have suffered such an accident then contact the Nashville pedestrian injury lawyers at Lerner and Rowe today.
Pedestrian Traffic Crash Causes
There are numerous reasons why pedestrian traffic crashes happen. They include:
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving or walking
- Driving or walking while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drivers or pedestrians not obeying traffic laws
- Poor visibility due to weather or low light
If a negligent driver has hit you, you may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and more.
At Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys, we know that it can be a burden trying to settle with insurance companies while also trying to recover from an accident. Let our Nashville pedestrian injury lawyers fight on your behalf so that you can focus on your health.
Contact Nashville Pedestrian Injury Lawyers
When you work with Nashville pedestrian injury lawyers from Lerner and Rowe, you can expect people that will listen to your situation with compassion, fastidiously assemble evidence for your case, and battle for you with ferocity in court. Our attorneys have extensive experience working with insurance companies and courts. Earning you the maximum compensation possible is also our top priority. Remember, we do not collect any fees until your case is won. Contact us today for a free consultation.
You can visit our Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys office in Nashville Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. If you’re still recovering and unable to stop by, you can also contact us 24/7 by phone at 615-333-8888 or online through our convenient LiveChat and form features. Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys is ready to serve you.