If you’ve been injured in a bike accident, it’s crucial for you to contact the Nashville bicycle injury attorneys at Lerner and Rowe. Our proficient lawyers have extensive experience working with clients that have been in bicycle accidents in Nashville.
Our team will diligently work with you to assemble a strong case and work with insurance companies to get you the highest compensation possible. Further, when you contact us, you can feel confident that the legal team at Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys will fight for you so that you don’t have to worry about complicated legal matters and can focus on your health.
Why Nashville Bicycle Accidents Happen
Although bicycle rides only account for one percent of all trips in the United States, accidents do occur. Furthermore, bicyclists are extremely vulnerable, sharing the roads with fast, heavy, and powerful automobiles. Some of the most common reasons for bicycle accidents in Nashville include:
- Inattentive drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Drivers under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Inadequate street lighting
- Poor visibility
- Blindspots in cars and trucks
- Disregard for or ignorance of proper yielding procedures
A life-changing bike accident can be caused by something as simple as a faulty street lamp or someone driving a car with a large blindspot. While the causes may be simple, the results can be catastrophic.
In extreme cases, a bike crash can lead to a permanent injury or wrongful death. Let the Nashville bicycle injury attorneys at Lerner and Rowe assist you or a family member in such an event. You can be assured of receiving top-notch care and having a steadfast advocate in your corner when you work with us.
Bicycle Accident Facts
While a pedal-bike accident can happen to anyone, there are certain riders that are more likely to get into an accident. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Bicyclists between the ages of 50 and 59 have the highest death rates
- Most bicycle deaths occurs between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Most bicycle accidents occur in urban areas
- Riders between the ages of 5 and 19 have the highest non-fatal accident rates
- Males have six times more fatal bike accidents than females
- Males have four times more non-fatal bicycle crashes than females
- 37 percent of bicycle accidents involved alcohol consumed by either the bicyclist or motorist
Contact the Nashville Bicycle Injury Attorneys Team
Everyone at Lerner and Rowe hopes that you and your loved ones stay safe on the road. We urge you use proper bicycle safety equipment, follow all traffic laws, and ride safely. We understand that some accidents are unavoidable. Should you or a family member suffer an injury due to a bike crash, please contact us immediately.
You can visit Lerner and Rowe Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Our team is also ready to assist you 24/7 by phone at 615-333-8888 or online through our convenient LiveChat and form features. Don’t hesitate to contact us in the event of a bicycle accident in Nashville. Call today.