Reno Brain Injury Lawyer
Looking Out for the Biggest Little City
Are you seeking legal help after suffering head trauma? Our Reno brain injury lawyer possesses the knowledge and experience to help you receive compensation that can cover medical bills, long-term therapy, lost wages from missed work, and other accident-related expenses.
Contact Lerner and Rowe’s Reno personal injury lawyer 24/7 by calling 775-644-4444, filling out this FREE online form, or via LiveChat.
8 Common Causes of Brain Injuries in Reno
Brain injuries in Reno are most often caused by:
Of course, you can also suffer brain injuries as the passenger of a vehicle or if you are injured by certain dangerous products. In the end, no matter what situation caused your accident, the effects can be the same. Often, these effects result in traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
8 Traumatic Brain Injuries That Happen in Reno
Here are a few types of TBIs that happen in Reno:
- Anoxic brain injuries–The death of brain cells due to lack of oxygen.
- Contusion–a bruise on the brain that may require surgery to remove.
- Diffuse axonal injuries–Tears within the nerve fibers that connect the brain, often as a result of the brain moving or rotating. Your doctor may not immediately realize you have this injury, as the tears do not appear easily on MRIs and CT scans.
- Concussions–Perhaps the most common TBI, concussions happen when the brain moves suddenly within the skull. Beyond physical pain, this can lead to changes in personality or mental health. Suffer enough concussions, and you may not be able to participate in activities you enjoy, like sports.
- Second impact syndrome (SIS)–This happens when you receive a second head injury before the first injury has a chance to fully heal.
- Coup-contrecoup injuries–Here, there are two injuries. One injury is where the head is struck, sending the brain to the opposite side of the skull, where it makes a violent impact.
- Cerebral lacerations–Tears in the brain tissue that occur when an object of bits of skull cut into the brain.
- Penetrating injuries–These occur when an object enters the skull and punctures the brain. These catastrophic injuries often lead to wrongful death.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury Accident?
A catastrophic injury often leads to severe consequences, leaving extreme lasting effects throughout the victim’s life. Some examples of a catastrophic injury include the amputation of arm or leg, or second and third degree burns on 50% or more of the body. Other catastrophic injuries can be the direct result of a Traumatic Brain Injury:
- Loss of eyesight
- Severe cognitive impairment
- Loss of hearing
- Loss of the ability to speak
Paralysis can also occur with a head or spinal injury. Moreover, these injuries may happen in conjunction with another. Just because you are diagnosed with one does not mean that another injury may be lurking beneath the surface.
What Do Traumatic Brain Injury Accidents Lead To?
Traumatic brain injuries can lead to a myriad of symptoms, such as:
- Light sensitivity
- Sound sensitivity
- And many, many more
Any one of these symptoms can last from days to years, if they ever go away at all. As you can imagine, managing these symptoms and the injury itself comes with much time off work–and a high stack of medical bills.
Can Filing a Brain Injury Claim Help?
Yes, filing a brain injury claim with Lerner and Rowe can help. A Reno, Nevada brain injury lawyer will first listen to your story (or your loved ones’ story). We do this during a free case evaluation and consultation.
From there, we will let you know if you have a valid brain injury case. If you do, we will begin to conduct our own investigation into the accident that caused your injuries. We will find answers to questions like:
- “Who was liable for our client’s brain injury?”
- “Were multiple parties responsible for our client’s care, and broke that duty?”
- “How much will care for the brain accident injury cost?”
- “How long will our client’s symptoms last?”
- “Will our client be able to go back to work, and return to a normal life?”
- “How has the family of the victim been affected?”
- “How much money will this brain injury cost in the future?”
- “Will these brain injuries affect our client for the rest of their lives?”
We will use all of this to determine an appropriate amount of financial compensation. Then, we will draft a special letter, called a demand letter, and send it to the liable party’s insurance company. Typically, these matters are settled quickly and out of court.
But, we won’t shy away from fighting for your family in front of a judge. In fact, that’s why our offices are so close to the Reno courthouse- we are always trial-ready, determined to win you financial compensation for your brain injuries.
Contact a Reno Brain Injury Lawyer at Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys
When you call 775-644-4444, you’ll be greeted by a Reno local. Our entire office is staffed by your very own Reno neighbors (not our counterparts in Las Vegas), and we are proud to represent your family’s best interests. Plus, there’s no fee unless you win your brain injury case. Do wait! Contact our brain injury law firm today to find out more about your legal options.