Paralysis injury accidents are some of the most devastating accidents that can occur, as they can result in permanent damage to the victim’s nervous system and a lifetime of medical care and expenses. These accidents can occur in a variety of contexts, including car accidents, sports injuries, medical malpractice, workplace accidents, and more.
If someone’s negligence caused you or a loved one to suffer from paralysis, the Los Angeles paralysis injury lawyers at Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys are available 24/7 to look after your best interest. Contact our compassionate legal team to get help obtaining the best compensation possible.
Types of Paralysis
There are several types of paralysis, each of which affects different parts of the body and can have different causes and symptoms.
Here are five of the most common types of catastrophic accident-related paralysis that can occur:
- Monoplegia is a type of paralysis that affects only one limb or part of the body, such as an arm or leg. It is typically caused by a stroke, brain injury, or nerve damage.
- Hemiplegia is a type of paralysis that affects one side of the body, including the arm, leg, and face. It is most commonly caused by a stroke, but it can also be caused by a brain injury or tumor.
- Paraplegia is a type of paralysis that affects both legs and sometimes the lower body. It can be caused by a spinal cord injury.
- Tetraplegia, also known as quadriplegia, is a type of paralysis that affects all four limbs and the torso. It is typically caused by a spinal cord injury or disease, such as spinal cord trauma or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Flaccid paralysis is a type of paralysis that causes muscles to become limp and weak. It is typically caused by damage to the nerves that control muscle movement, such as from nerve damage caused during an auto accident.
How a Paralysis Injury Lawyer Can Help You
Paralysis is a life-changing injury that can have a significant impact on an individual’s quality of life.
If you or a loved one has suffered paralysis, it’s crucial to seek help from an experienced paralysis injury lawyer.
Here are a few ways they can help build a strong personal injury case:
Gathering evidence: paralysis injury lawyers know what evidence to gather that will support their client’s case best. This includes reviewing medical records, conducting interviews with witnesses, and consulting with medical experts to accurately assess the extent of their client’s injuries.
Building a strong case: once a paralysis injury lawyer has gathered all the necessary evidence, they can build a strong case on their client’s behalf. This includes developing a legal strategy, identifying key legal issues, and preparing evidence for trial.
Negotiating settlements: many paralysis injury cases are settled out of court. A paralysis injury lawyer can help negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf, ensuring that you receive justice and recover any economic and non economic damages that you deserve.
Representing you in court: if your case ends up going to trial, a paralysis injury lawyer at Lerner and Rowe can represent your case in court and make compelling arguments in your favor.
Connect With a Los Angeles Paralysis Injury Lawyer
Ultimately, choosing the right Los Angeles paralysis injury lawyer can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case. If you or a loved one has suffered paralysis in Los Angeles, don’t hesitate to reach out to a qualified paralysis injury lawyer today at Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys today.
Call 310-INJURED, click to connect to a LiveChat agent, or use a secure contact FREE online form 24/7. With the right legal representation, you can get the compensation and justice you deserve, and begin to move forward with your life.