Are you on the hunt for motorcycle accident lawyers in Joliet, IL? If you are, you were probably recently injured in a motorcycle accident. Or perhaps a loved one was injured, or suffered a wrongful death. After such an accident, it is of utmost importance to find an experienced attorney that specializes in Illinois personal injury and wrongful death law.
At Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys, we exclusively handle cases of personal injury and wrongful death for those harmed by negligence. Our team knows how to fight to get financial compensation that can significantly help victims and their families offset unexpected expenses related to a motorcycle accident.
Call 708-222-2222 today to connect with a representative for a free consultation.
What Causes Illinois Motorcycle Accidents?
There are many factors that cause Joliet motorcycle accidents. Sometimes, the accident is caused by another driver. For example:
- Reckless driving, including speeding
- Distracted driving, such as checking their phone, eating, or drinking
- Failure to share the road or to see a motorcycle in their blind spot
- Fatigued driving, or falling asleep behind the wheel
- Driving under the influence of drugs of alcohol
In some cases, the motorcycle accident might be caused by the motorcyclist themselves. This can happen if the motorcyclist:
- Loses control around a curve
- Weaves in and out of traffic
Of course, these are just some examples, as motorcycle accidents can occur in a myriad of ways. And, any one of these scenarios can cause significant injury to the motorcyclist. These injuries might include broken bones, cuts, road rash, or even catastrophic injuries.
If the motorcyclist is not wearing a helmet, it’s much easier for them to suffer from a traumatic brain injury. A catastrophic injury like this one can lead the victim to lose control of certain parts of their body, or their ability to speak. In some cases, they lose their independence entirely.
These situations prove difficult to handle alone. After all, if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, how will you be able to help your family with their finances? How will you be able to cover your own extensive medical bills? A Joliet motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to help solve this problem. But first, they must be able to prove exactly who is at fault for your accident.
Finding Fault in Illinois Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
Illinois is an at-fault state. This means that whoever caused the accident is responsible for damages. An experienced lawyer will be able to look at all of the details of your case, and determine exactly who was liable for your injuries. They do this by collecting evidence from you, and conducting an investigation all their own. Once they have determined that your accident was caused by another driver, they will determine the amount of compensation owed to you.
A Joliet Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Help You Seek Compensation
Seeking compensation for motorcycle accident injuries is no easy task. But that’s where Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys’ years of experience come in. Here’s what you need to know about financial compensation from a motorcycle accident.
There are two kinds of compensation: economic damages and non-economic damages.
- Economic damages include medical bills, prescription drug costs, the cost of round the clock care, and more. These can even include future medical expenses, current lost wages, and wages you will lose in the future. A lawyer can determine an appropriate sum, and add it to the non-economic damages owed to you.
- Non-economic damages are those which do not come with a firm receipt or bill. These include things like compensation for a loss of companionship, a loss of reputation, or your pain and suffering. This amount is much more difficult to determine and prove, but our lawyers know how to back this amount in a demand letter.
This demand letter is sent to the responsible party’s insurance company. It can be very tempting to accept the first offer that comes back from the insurance company, but it’s important to rely on the advice of your attorney, as they will have valuable insights as to what is fair and what is not.
Find Motorcycle Accident Lawyers and Attorneys in Joliet, IL
At Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys, we are committed to providing our clients with excellent communications and representation. Contact us 24/7, even on the weekends, to set up a free consultation, or with any questions you may have throughout your motorcycle accident lawsuit. We can be reached at 708-222-2222, through LiveChat, or by filling out this FREE online form. As always, there’s no fee until we win your case, so don’t hesitate—call Lerner and Rowe today.