Portland Burn Injury Attorney
We’ll Get You the Compensation You Deserve!
If you or a loved one were burned in a fire, Lerner and Rowe is here to help. We understand the pain and suffering you’re experiencing, and we’re ready to aggressively fight any insurance company that tries to minimize a payout for your pain and other damages. Our team of compassionate and empathetic attorneys are here for you, to help ease your burden during this difficult time.
Our aggressive attorneys are ready to fight and will go after those responsible for your injuries. They will help build a case that will hold responsible parties liable for medical expenses, lost-wages, damages, as well as pain and suffering. We understand how physically and emotionally exhausted recovering from burn injuries can be; that’s why we want to do our best to take some of the stress of your shoulders, so you can focus on what’s most important – healing.
Degrees of Burn Injuries
According to UptoDate.com, burn injuries are most likely to affect the elderly and young children, though they can happen to anyone at anytime. Males are also 70% more likely to suffer from a burn injury than females.
What doesn’t differ between gender or age group is the degree of burns a person can experience. Burns are ranked from first degree and higher. The larger the number, the more severe the burn.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Degree Burns Explained
- First degree. A first degree burn is to a sunburn (minus the blisters). This degree of burn only affects the topmost, outer layer of skin (epidermis) and usually heals in three – fives days.
- Second degree.A second degree burn will generally turn skin pink/red, are painful, and may appear wet. The second layers of skin (entire epidermis and upper layers of the dermis) are effected and usually heal in 10-21 days.
- Third degree. A third degree burn involves all layers of skin. Damage affects the subcutaneous tissues that may cause the affected area to look black or white, and also to be dry/leathery. Nerve endings can also be affected and may eliminate pain. Healing duration depends on the severity of the burn.
- Fourth degree. The most severe degree of burn that penetrates all layers of skin, tissue, muscle and bone that may result in amputation and possibly death. Those that suffer this type of burn injury are admitted into a specialized hospital for burn injury care. Throughout the lengthy recovery process that includes multiple therapy sessions and surgeries to help the burn injury victim retain movement of limbs and joints and recovery from mental anguish as a result of the traumatic events of the burn accident.
The damages that a burn victim faces are not only physical, but psychological as well. Financial compensation a burn victim may be eligible for could cover shot and long term physical therapy and psychological care.
If someone you know has died as a result of their burn injuries, we can help. We’ll make sure insurance companies pay their fair share.
What Are Common Causes of Portland Burn Injuries?
The most common causes of burn injuries include:
- Open flames/fire
- Scalding hot steam, water or beverages
- Lit cigarettes, irons or coals
- Defective electronic appliances or electric wires
- Harmful chemicals or fumes
- Radiation exposure
- Lightning strikes.
Victim of Portland Burn Injuries? Don’t Suffer Alone!
When you or a loved one is suffer from extreme pain and trauma resulting from a burn, the last thing you want to think about is hiring a burn injury attorney. However, the sooner you call Lerner and Rowe, the sooner we can take over dealing with insurance companies and negligent parties.
At Lerner and Rowe, we won’t cut corners – we provide excellent client care, and the integrity of our attorneys is also unparalleled. We have a proven track record of getting you the financial compensation you so rightly deserve, including lost wages, medical bills, and more. Being burned can be a traumatic experience, and we’ll fight to make sure you get the help you need, physically, mentally, emotionally, and also fiscally.
Call us toll free at 844-977-1900, or submit a free online case review form. Your initial consultation is FREE and you don’t pay unless you win compensation for your personal injury case!