In their latest traffic safety report, the City of Phoenix shared 2014 data that lists the Phoenix intersections with the most crashes, most ran red lights and the top causes of collisions in the area.
Of the 25,952 plus traffic collisions that were reported, 160 of them were fatal. And even though DUI related accidents were down from previous years, traffic-related pedestrian accidents increased.
Here’s the breakdown:
- 67th Avenue and Indian School Road, with 61 crashes
- 27th Avenue and Camelback Road with 58 crashes
- 43rd Avenue and Thomas Road with 56 crashes
- 67th Avenue and McDowell Road also had 56 crashes
- 43rd Avenue and Northern with 52 crashes
Most Red Light Ran Intersections
- 7th Street and Mohave
- 44th Street and Thomas Road