Every year, personal watercraft and boating accidents occur on waterways throughout the country. When you or a loved one are involved in a boat wreck, Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys is here to help. Whether in Lake Mead or Lake Michigan, boating accidents happen. If you need help after an accident, contact us today. We will gladly help you every step of the way.
What are Causes of Boating Accidents?
Before launching a personal watercraft or a boat onto the water, it is important that both adults and children always wear a properly sized Coast Guard approved life jacket. Our boating accident lawyers also strongly encourage you to follow all waterway laws in your state and to have safety flotation devices with you at all times.Wearing a life jacket on the water, just like wearing a seat belt on land, can help save a life after an accident.
Here are five factors that may contribute to a boating accident on lakes or rivers:
- Extreme weather conditions. Waves and extreme winds can create disturbances that make steering difficult. Lightning also is a concern when on the lake.
- Reckless boating. Showing off for friends or romantic interests can result in accidents, possibly with other boats.
- Improper boat maintenance. Caring for your equipment will save you from accidents.
- Inexperience. Take courses and proper pathways to ensure that you have all the experience you need.
- Alcohol. Like when driving, alcohol can also impair rational judgement and response time.
Contact an Experienced Boating Accident Attorney
Everyone must adhere to all safety instructions and also, enjoy water activities responsibly. Unfortunately, this is not always the case, and you cannot control the actions and decisions of other boaters. If you are hurt in a boat wreck, contact the experienced boating accident lawyers at Lerner and Rowe Injury Attorneys today.